Monday, August 5, 2013

Dreamer Of Dreams

Yesterday I shared with you the ACEO that I was working on and today I have it finished and photographed and so super pleased with how it turned out!

In case you missed yesterdays post, this is what it looked like then...

and this is what it looks like now...



#3 in my ACEO Dreams Series
Dreams 3
ACEO on Linen Canvas Paper
2.5" x 3.5"
For Sale HERE

"Behold these eyes
they're not what they seem
there's magic in the sky
they're the dreamer of dreams"
~ Lizzy Love

Heres a pic of my current WIP, its also a mixed media ACEO but doesn't have quite so many layers as the last one did.  I started out with a piece of cold press watercolor paper cut to size.  Ripped a piece of newsprint slightly smaller then the card and sealed it down in the middle of the card using Mod Podge. I then distressed the entire card using Tim Holtz distressed inks in Broken China (blue) and Spiced Marmalade (orange) (I told you I'm really digging those colors right now lol thats 3 ACEO's in a row with that color combo!!)  Next I distressed just the edge in Black Soot (black).  I used a honeycomb stencil and sprayed a golden orange color of Smooch Spritz at one end and a blue color at the other end thru the honeycomb stencil.  Im not sure what the proper names are of the Smooch Spritz are cuz they dont say it on the bottles and I thru out the packaging when I bought them so it is what it is. lol  Next I added a small piece of striped blue washi tape at the bottom right corner and then I drew out a girl on tissue paper, cut her out and sealed her to the ACEO using gel medium.  I give my reasoning behind why I do this in tissue paper in yesterdays post near the bottom if you are curious.   Finally I just started to paint the girl in before I took the pic so thats where Im at now....


I am planning on using blue for her hood since you really dont see much of the blues that I already used, the orange is very over powering and the girl covered up a good portion of it too.  I should have this ACEO finished tomorrow to share with you.  

Thanks for checking out my art! Ciao for now! 



No comments: