Sunday, May 12, 2013

Here & Now

A few weeks ago my wonderful husband took me on a bit of shopping spree at Michaels for new art supplies, I don't even think I need to mention how fun that was!!!! No limit, whatever I wanted went in the cart!!!!  So I have been having a lot of fun over the past few weeks trying out new supplies, experimenting and just having an all around artsy great time with all my new stuff!

Over the past couple of weeks I have received the same request from a couple of different people asking me to share more pics of my works in progress (also asking when I will do more videos of my process and all I can say for that one is hopefully soon as they are quite time consuming to make) in the meantime sharing some pics of my WIP is quick and easy so look for those here and on FB!

If you follow my FB page you may have seen this WIP that I posted yesterday 
I used acrylic paints, a whole bunch of different types and colors of inks, watercolor pencils, an old book page, modge podge and a few sparkles that accidentally got in there from my work table but it ended up being a happy accident so I'm ok with it lol all of that smashed together on a 5x7 cotton duck stretched canvas and I ended up with this
Pondering
Mixed Media Original
5" x 7" x .5"


It was late last night when I finished that one but I wasn't quite ready to call it a night so I got out a 4" x 12" x 1.5" gallery wrapped linen canvas and started this one below, it is in its very very early stages so doesn't really look like much just yet, so far I have a sketch of a girl with long hair wearing mouse ears and 2 cute little mice hanging out on her hair.  I have also modge podged some white and blue tissue papers over the whole canvas and that is as far as I have gotten right now.  I will post another pic when I get a little further along with this one.


A side from the canvas paintings that I am working on I am also trying to prepare for my next street show coming up in a few short weeks.  June 1 & 2 Art In The Park in Windsor, ON.  So I have a bunch of backpacks, wallets, cell phone cases, and tshirts all hand painted that I am working on as well.  So busy busy here just the way I love it!!! :)   How about you, are you planning on attending any summer art shows anytime soon?


No comments: