Monday, May 21, 2012

Hat & Doll for Young Girl with Cancer

I was recently told about a young girl only 4 years of age sick with cancer and about to start treatments that will cause her hair to fall out. I know all too well what she is going through having gone through the very same thing at the very same age as her. I wanted to do something for her and after finding out that she loves rainbows and her favorite color is pink (a girl after my own heart lol) made it even easier for me to put something together! In these pics are the Art Doll I made for her with a matching floppy sun hat so she can feel pretty on her head all of the time no matter what happens! I named the doll Bright Eyes and he acutally stands 38 inches tall!!! I am getting ready to ship everything out to her tomorrow. I really hope she likes it! 







4 comments:

Daily Dose of Handmade said...

So kind of you! She is going to love it!

Baban Cat said...

She'll love it! I can see her taking it everywhere

Linda Meyers-Gabbard said...

Thar is so sweet of you to do. The doll is so cute so is the hat. You have a kind heart.
Have you heard how she is doing? Did she like the doll?

I can't see why she wouldn't. I hope and pray she is feeling well.

Lizzy Love said...

Thank you Linda, yes I do believe she loved it, I think she is still doing ok. :)